Tuesday, October 25, 2005

XY

One second after the ultrasound tech put that wand on my belly; a fully formed baby appeared on screen. One big round head. Two long arms and two long legs. Lots of tiny vertebrae all lined up neatly and 20 fingers and toes. And an unmistakable penis. Yes, I just typed that. Long story short. We are having a boy!

My dad and Jason came along. That must have looked weird—one pregnant chick, her man and her dad. Little did I know I was in the company of all men at a very female place doing something only women have to do. :)

He was playing with his toes most of the time while turning from the direction of the wand lady. He mooned us twice and even attempted to cover his face with one hand. It blows my mind that I can know exactly what my baby boy was doing at that given moment. He probably doesn’t even know what I am, but I am so intensely aware of him. How can you love something so small and hard to see, this much?

Mine :)

4 comments:

kluge girl said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful.

jenn said...

that is very exciting : )

Mike said...

...And he shall be called Michael De Jaager-Lipscomb. That's a name for royalty, baby!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! That is awesome!! Congratulations!!