Wednesday, May 28, 2008

XX

We had the big envelope opening at Cinderella's Castle at Disney World’s Magic Kingdom on Sunday, May 18th!



I helped Jager tear open the envelope and he happily pulled out its contents. We immediately saw the little “girl” flashcard that we had become so familiar with while teaching that word to Jager. Of course, as practiced, Jager blurted out “Gerrr!” informing us of the baby's XX chromosomal status. I had to study the actual ultrasound photo that was wrapped up in it to make sure the tech hadn’t made a mistake with the wrong flashcard. Studying the ultrasound photo that read simply and quite unromantically, “girl parts” didn’t help me believe it either though. I’ll put it this way, boys are much easier for the untrained eye to detect in a 2D ultrasound of a fetuses nether regions.
So, I’m having a baby girl! She is due in late September and she already has a bunch of pink onesies and a few hats. Poor baby is just going to miss the summer, so hats are very important. I can’t imagine what our daughter will look like. I keep imagining Jager, but a bit smaller and with longer hair. That’s probably a fair assumption. :)
It's a strange enough of a feeling knowing your about to have two kids, but knowing you've got both sexes to learn about it a bit overwhelming. I thought I was going to be a mom to all boys--forced to finally learn the rules of football and relagate my good clothes to the back of my closet. Now, I'm going to have a little fashionista living me who will beg me to braid her hair (memo to self: must learn how to do that) or who will nag me to wear something more stylish. At least that's just based on what I've inflicted on my own mother. :)
Well, wish me luck!

1 comment:

jenn said...

That is so exciting!! Congrats again and much good luck!!