Wednesday, February 06, 2008

My response to being Tagged.

"Once you have been tagged, you have to write 10 random things, facts, habits or goals about yourself. At the end, choose 10 people to be tagged, listing their names and why you chose them. Don't forget to leave them a comment ("YOU'RE IT") and to read your blog (or post a comment on my blog for those of you how don’t have them somewhere like Myspace or blogspot). You can't tag the person who tagged you. Since you can't tag me back, let me know when you've posted your blog so I can see your answers"


------------------------------------------
1.My favorite song lyrics of all time come from a (generally stodgily performed) hymn called, O Worship the King. “His chariots of wrath the deep thunderclouds form, And dark is His path on the wings of the storm.” Thy mercies how tender, how firm to the end, Our Maker, Defender, Redeemer, and Friend.” You realize just how safe we really are when you hear these words.

2. I hate it when groups of girls go around together looking just like one another—same flat ironed hair, same short shorts, same way of walking, same facial expressions… I find it more offensive than the most pathetic display of deliberate individuality.

3. I wish everyone in the world could walk around wearing name tags. The world would be a much friendlier place if everyone around us was humanized by having a name that we knew. “Oh, hey there, Rob. Please don’t mug me… I’m on vacation and your mom, Joyce would be very disappointed in your behavior!”

4. I think the church is often an institution of good-hearted people that inevitably becomes an unChristlike fraternity based on a hierarchal system of perceived faith. I believe that when that happens, the mission of the church becomes little more than an aspiration to pat ourselves on the back. I aspire to be unacceptable as a traditional Christian—I want to be a reflection of the REAL Jesus Christ, the boat rocker and crazy lover of mankind!

5. Whenever I’m pregnant, I cry at the drop of a hat. Everything moves me! The odd thing is that I actually enjoy the heightened intensity and appreciation for things more than I feel embarrassed about crying for seemingly no reason.

6. I honestly believe that there are two phrases we can never say enough. “I love you” and “Who the heck cares!?”

7. I am embarrassed when service people do things for me that I can do for myself—like picking up my plate at a restaurant, or making my bed at a hotel.

8. I imagine my dream home with such clarity that it feels as if I’ve been there before. It’s a craftsman style, two-story house with tons of floor to ceiling windows that is nestled among hundreds of tall trees and within a short walk to the ocean. You can even see the beach from a desk nook in a room on the second floor… and that window is always open.

9. My heart hurts when I think of other places in the world; I want to be there so badly.

10. I have to sleep with my feet sticking out of the covers, no matter how cold it is. My Gran and my mom do the exact same thing! I also shared an identical birthmark with my late Gran. It makes you wonder about how much say we have in who we are.


------------------------------------------------------
Ok... 10 people...
1. Jason – “because I'd love to see if he can come up with something I don't already know.” (Explanation stolen from Dacia)
2. Christina – just to challenge her for the time to do this
3. Stacia – because she’s never boring
4. Jay - because only he could write longer explanations that me
5. Emily A. - because I miss her unusual way of seeing things
6. LadyMac – because her words are always refreshing
7. Krystin - because she has a fresh perspective as a busy new mom
8. Mom - because I feel like seeing if she can figure out how to do this
9. A2 – …so tell me something about yourself
10. Kim – just get your head away from work for a while

No comments: